With so much personal information being shared online today, website security is more important than ever. In order to keep users safe while browsing your site, you’ll probably want to install an SSL certificate on your site as soon as possible. However, this might not be the easiest thing for you to do yourself. Are there any good reasons why you shouldn’t try installing it yourself? YES! There are tons of them! SFL Media offers an SSL certificate service that makes it easy for business owners to enjoy the security and peace of mind that these certificates provide without having to do any of the work themselves!
An SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) certificate is a digital certificate that helps to establish a secure connection between a web browser and a web server. SSL certificates are used to encrypt data that is transmitted between the two, which makes it more difficult for unauthorized parties to intercept and read the data. When a website has an SSL certificate, it means that the data sent between the user’s browser and the web server is encrypted and secure. This can be important for websites that handle sensitive information, such as passwords, credit card numbers, or personal information. SSL certificates are issued by trusted third-party certificate authorities (CAs) and are verified by web browsers to ensure that they are legitimate. Websites can obtain SSL certificates by purchasing them from a certificate authority, or by using an SSL certificate that is provided by organizations like SFL Media.
There are several benefits to having an SSL certificate on your website:
- Security: One of the primary benefits of SSL certificates is that they provide security for your website visitors. SSL certificates use encryption to protect sensitive information, such as login credentials, credit card numbers, and personal information, from being intercepted and read by unauthorized parties.
- Trust: SSL certificates also help to build trust with your website visitors. When a user sees that your website is using HTTPS and has a valid SSL certificate, they know that the website is legitimate and that their information is being protected.
- SEO: Google has stated that SSL certificates are a factor in search engine rankings, so having an SSL certificate on your website can help to improve your search engine visibility and drive more traffic to your site.
- Compliance: Many regulatory frameworks, such as PCI-DSS, require that websites that handle sensitive information have an SSL certificate in place. By having an SSL certificate on your website, you can ensure that you are in compliance with these requirements.
- Improved performance: SSL certificates can also help to improve website performance by enabling HTTP/2, a newer and faster protocol for transferring data over the internet. HTTP/2 can help to reduce page load times and improve website responsiveness.
Google Requires an SSL Certificate on Your Website
Yes, Google has stated that SSL certificates are a factor in their search engine ranking algorithm. Websites that use HTTPS (HTTP Secure) and have valid SSL certificates are more likely to rank higher in Google search results than those that do not. In addition to this, Google’s Chrome web browser displays a “Not Secure” warning to users when they visit a website that does not use HTTPS and does not have a valid SSL certificate. This warning can be a significant deterrent to website visitors, as it can indicate that the website is not secure and may be vulnerable to online threats. Overall, while Google does not require SSL certificates for websites to be indexed, they strongly recommend using HTTPS and have made it clear that it can have a positive impact on website rankings and user trust. SFL Media is a leading digital marketing agency that offers a wide range of services, including website design, search engine optimization, and SSL certificate installation. We can help you stay up to date with all these Google changes!
Here are some reasons why you should hire SFL Media to install your SSL certificate:
- Expertise: Our team of experienced web developers has the expertise and technical knowledge needed to install SSL certificates on a wide range of web servers and hosting platforms. We can handle the entire installation process from start to finish, ensuring that your website is properly secured and protected.
- Security: At SFL Media, we take website security seriously. We understand that SSL certificates are an essential part of keeping your website and your customer’s information safe from online threats. We work with trusted certificate authorities to ensure that your SSL certificate is valid and up-to-date.
- Convenience: When you hire SFL Media to install your SSL certificate, you don’t have to worry about technical details. We handle everything from generating a CSR to configuring your web server to use HTTPS. This allows you to focus on running your business, while we take care of the technical aspects of securing your website.
- Trust: By having an SSL certificate installed on your website, you can build trust with your customers and improve your online reputation. At SFL Media, we understand the importance of trust and work hard to ensure that your website is secure and trustworthy.
- Cost-effective: We offer competitive pricing on our SSL certificate installation services, making it easy and affordable for businesses of all sizes to secure their websites. Plus, with the added benefits of improved SEO and website performance, an SSL certificate can provide a great return on investment.
Overall, hiring SFL Media to install your SSL certificate can provide peace of mind and ensure that your website is secure, trustworthy, and compliant with industry standards. Contact us today to learn more about our SSL certificate installation and other website security services and how we can help secure your website.
It’s a Hassle To Install an SSL Certificate on Your Own Website
When you connect to a website protected by an SSL certificate, your data is automatically encrypted, making it much more difficult for hackers to gain access to your information. For this reason, it is critical that you have a professional privacy protection provider like SFL Media install an SSL certificate on your website. To install an SSL certificate correctly, you will need someone with the knowledge and experience necessary to install an SSL certificate on your website and ensure that it is protecting data and information properly. If you’ve never installed an SSL certificate on a website before, you’ll be in for a hassle. Installing an SSL certificate on your own website can be a very complicated process, especially if you’re doing it for the first time. This can be especially true if you’re running a WordPress website since you may need to install an SSL plugin. Overall, installing an SSL certificate can be a technical process, so if you are not familiar with web server administration, it may be best to consult with your hosting provider or a web developer for assistance. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you’ll need to hire a professional service like SFL Media to help you out.
The steps to install an SSL certificate depending on the specific web server and hosting provider that you are using. However, in general, here are the basic steps for installing an SSL certificate:
- Purchase or obtain the SSL certificate: You can purchase an SSL certificate from a trusted third-party certificate authority or use a free SSL certificate provider like Let’s Encrypt.
- Generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request): This is a file that contains information about your website and is used to request the SSL certificate from the certificate authority. You can generate a CSR using your web server control panel or command line interface.
- Submit the CSR to the certificate authority: Once you have generated the CSR, you need to submit it to the certificate authority to obtain the SSL certificate.
- Install the SSL certificate on your web server: Once you have received the SSL certificate from the certificate authority, you need to install it on your web server. The process for installing the SSL certificate varies depending on your web server and hosting provider, but it generally involves uploading the SSL certificate and configuring your web server to use it.
- Test the SSL certificate: After you have installed the SSL certificate, you should test it to make sure that it is working correctly. You can use an online SSL checker tool to test the SSL certificate and make sure that it is installed correctly and that your website is using HTTPS.
You May Harm Your Website While Trying to Install an SSL Certificate
Installing SSL certificates can be extremely complicated, which is why you should leave it to the experts at SFL Media. If you’re not careful while installing your SSL certificate, you may disable your entire website or cause other damage. While installing an SSL certificate may not be easy, it’s extremely important that you get it right. If you’ve never installed an SSL certificate before and you don’t know what you’re doing, you may inadvertently cause damage to your website. This may cause your website to go down and prevent your visitors from accessing important data. It could also negatively impact your website’s search engine ranking and cause you to lose website traffic. SSL certificates are used by websites to encrypt user data and make it harder for hackers to steal information. If you’re not careful while installing your SSL certificate, you may accidentally disable this security feature and leave your users vulnerable to hacks and attacks.
Installing an SSL certificate on your own website is not only a hassle, but it’s also expensive. SSL certificates cost a lot of money depending on where you purchase them and what type of certificate you select. If you decide to purchase your SSL certificate and install it on your own, you could actually lose money on the installation. On top of that, you’ll need to pay extra for the testing and configuration necessary to make sure it’s working properly. This is yet another reason why you should hire the team at SFL Media to help you configure your website and make sure that everything is set up properly before installing your SSL certificate. We can also help you select the best SSL certificate for your website and help you save money on your purchase. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you may not notice that there’s a problem with your website until you’ve already installed your SSL certificate. After you install your SSL certificate, you need to make sure that everything on your website is working properly. If you notice that something isn’t working right while installing your SSL certificate, you may not be able to fix it. For instance, if you notice that your website is redirecting visitors to a different page when they click on a link, you will need to call SFL Media right away to help you fix it.
The Bottom Line: It’s Too Risky to Install an SSL Certificate by Yourself
If you decide to install your SSL certificate yourself, you need to make sure that everything works properly before and after installing it. Installing an SSL certificate isn’t as easy as clicking a few buttons and hitting “install”. You’ll need to make sure that everything is configured correctly before installing the certificate. However, you may not have time to fix it before you need to install the certificate. If you don’t have time to install your certificate before your website goes live, you should call SFL Media to have us install it for you in a timely manner. There’s too much at stake to risk installing a certificate that you’ve not tested and that could cause problems with your website. You don’t want to go live with a certificate that you’ve not tested to make sure it works correctly and doesn’t cause any problems with your website.
The main penalty that websites may face for not having an SSL certificate is a decrease in search engine rankings. Google has stated that websites using HTTPS (HTTP Secure) with a valid SSL certificate are more likely to rank higher in search results than those that do not. This means that websites without SSL certificates may be pushed down in search rankings and may receive less organic traffic as a result. Additionally, web browsers such as Google Chrome display a “Not Secure” warning to users when they visit a website that does not use HTTPS and does not have a valid SSL certificate. This warning can cause visitors to leave the website and can harm the website’s reputation and credibility. In some cases, not having an SSL certificate can also lead to security risks for website visitors. Without SSL encryption, sensitive information such as login credentials and personal information can be intercepted and read by unauthorized parties, potentially leading to identity theft or other forms of cybercrime. Overall, while there may not be specific penalties for not having an SSL certificate, the negative impact on search rankings, website reputation, and visitor security can be significant.
Call SFL Media Today and Take the Anxiety Out of SSL Certificate Installation!
When it comes to SSL certificates, taking chances doesn’t pay. You need a dependable team of professionals to install SSL certificates on your websites. SFL Media has been building and securing websites for years. We have an intimate knowledge of SSL certificates, how they work, how to install them, and how to keep your websites protected long after the certificates have been properly installed. If you’re launching a new website or if you’ve just realized that your existing website hasn’t been secured by an SSL certificate, you need to get in touch with Patrick Zarrelli at SFL Media and ask about our SSL certificate service ASAP!