Piers Morgan’s Most Notable Interviews
- Tony Blair – In 2010, Morgan conducted a candid interview with former British Prime Minister Tony Blair, during which Blair discussed his relationship with US President George W. Bush and his decision to join the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- Alex Jones – In 2013, Morgan interviewed American radio host Alex Jones about his views on gun control in the United States. The interview quickly became heated, with Jones accusing Morgan of being a “hatchet man of the New World Order” and calling for his deportation.
- Caitlyn Jenner – In 2015, Morgan interviewed former Olympic athlete and reality TV star Caitlyn Jenner, who had recently come out as transgender. The interview focused on Jenner’s personal experiences and her advocacy for transgender rights.
- Donald Trump – Morgan has conducted a number of interviews with former US President Donald Trump over the years, both before and during his presidency. In 2018, Morgan conducted a wide-ranging interview with Trump that covered topics such as immigration, gun control, and the UK’s relationship with the US.
- Meghan Markle – In 2021, Morgan came under fire for his coverage of the interview that Meghan Markle, the Duchess of Sussex, conducted with Oprah Winfrey. Morgan criticized Markle’s claims about her experiences with racism and mental health and ultimately resigned from his job as a co-host of the morning talk show “Good Morning Britain” after facing backlash for his comments.
Overall, Morgan is known for his confrontational interview style and willingness to ask tough questions of his guests, which has sometimes led to controversy and criticism. In this interview, Morgan talks to popular but also controversial Florida, Governor Ron DeSantis.
Ron DeSantis the Governor of Florida
Ron DeSantis is the current governor of Florida, having assumed office in January 2019. Since then, he has garnered significant attention and praise for his policies and leadership style, particularly from conservatives and supporters of former President Donald Trump.
Some of the key successes of DeSantis’ tenure as governor include:
- Handling of the COVID-19 pandemic: DeSantis was one of the first governors to lift COVID-19 restrictions and reopen businesses in Florida, which led to criticism from some who felt he was prioritizing the economy over public health. However, Florida has fared better than many other states in terms of both infection rates and economic recovery, which has led some to credit DeSantis’ approach.
- Tax cuts: DeSantis has prioritized cutting taxes during his time in office, including a $1 billion tax cut package in 2021 that included reductions in property taxes and business taxes.
- Education reform: DeSantis has been a strong advocate for school choice and has implemented policies aimed at expanding access to charter schools and voucher programs.
- Environmental policy: DeSantis has been praised for his focus on environmental issues, including efforts to address water quality and protect Florida’s natural resources.
- Criminal justice reform: DeSantis has implemented policies aimed at reducing recidivism and improving outcomes for prisoners, including increased funding for education and vocational training programs.
Overall, DeSantis’ policies have been well-received by many in Florida and have earned him a reputation as a rising star in the Republican Party. However, his handling of the COVID-19 pandemic and his conservative stance on some issues have also led to criticism and controversy.
Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s Full Interview with Piers Morgan