Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, Florida
Phone: (954) 977-4400
The largest butterfly park in the world. It was founded in 1988 by Ronald Boender, who had a passion for breeding and preserving butterflies. Butterfly World started as a small butterfly house with a few species of butterflies and a small gift shop. Over the years, it has grown into a sprawling park with several outdoor gardens, aviaries, a museum, and a research center. The park is home to over 20,000 butterflies from around the world, including rare and endangered species. Visitors can walk through several butterfly aviaries, where they can see hundreds of butterflies fluttering around them. The park also has a hummingbird aviary, a lorikeet encounter, and a butterfly farm where visitors can see the butterfly lifecycle up close. Butterfly World has also played a significant role in butterfly conservation. The park has a research center where scientists study butterfly behavior, breeding, and conservation. Butterfly World has also released thousands of butterflies into the wild, helping to repopulate areas where butterfly populations have declined. Today, Butterfly World is a popular tourist destination and educational resource for people of all ages. It continues to be owned and operated by the Boender family, who remain committed to preserving and educating people about these beautiful creatures.
There are many things to do and see at Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, Florida. Here are some of the top activities:
Walk through the butterfly aviaries: The park has several butterfly aviaries where visitors can walk through and see hundreds of butterflies fluttering around them. The aviaries are designed to replicate the natural habitat of the butterflies and are filled with tropical plants and flowers.
- Visit the hummingbird aviary: Butterfly World also has a hummingbird aviary where visitors can see these tiny birds up close. The aviary is filled with colorful flowers and hummingbird feeders, and visitors can watch the birds as they flit around.
- Explore the botanical gardens: Butterfly World has several outdoor gardens that are filled with tropical plants, flowers, and trees. Visitors can stroll through the gardens and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- See the butterfly farm: Butterfly World has a butterfly farm where visitors can see the butterfly lifecycle up close. Visitors can see the eggs, caterpillars, chrysalises, and adult butterflies.
- Visit the museum: Butterfly World also has a museum where visitors can learn about the history of the park, butterfly conservation, and butterfly behavior.
- Feed the lorikeets: Butterfly World has a lorikeet encounter where visitors can feed these colorful birds nectar from a cup. The lorikeets are very friendly and will often land on visitors’ arms and shoulders.
- Attend a butterfly release: Butterfly World releases butterflies into the wild several times a day. Visitors can watch as the butterflies are released and fly off into the park.
Overall, Butterfly World is a great place to spend a few hours or even a full day. It’s a great educational and entertaining attraction for people of all ages.
Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, Florida is a vibrant venue for several reasons. Here are some of the key factors:
The beauty of the butterflies: Butterflies are some of the most beautiful creatures on the planet, with their bright colors and intricate patterns. At Butterfly World, visitors can see thousands of butterflies from around the world in a natural and immersive setting.
- The variety of attractions: Butterfly World has several attractions, including butterfly aviaries, a hummingbird aviary, botanical gardens, a butterfly farm, a museum, and a lorikeet encounter. There is something for everyone, and visitors can spend several hours exploring the park.
- The educational aspect: Butterfly World is also an educational resource, teaching visitors about butterfly conservation, butterfly behavior, and the importance of preserving natural habitats. The park also has a research center where scientists study butterflies and their habitats.
- The family-friendly environment: Butterfly World is a great destination for families with children. Kids can learn about nature and the environment in a fun and engaging way, and the park has several interactive exhibits that allow kids to get up close and personal with the butterflies.
- The commitment to conservation: Butterfly World is committed to butterfly conservation and has released thousands of butterflies into the wild to repopulate areas where butterfly populations have declined. The park also works to educate visitors about the importance of preserving natural habitats and reducing human impact on the environment.
Overall, Butterfly World is a vibrant venue because of its natural beauty, educational value, and commitment to conservation. It’s a unique and engaging destination that appeals to people of all ages and backgrounds.
The Botanical Garden at Butterfly World in Coconut Creek, Florida
Is a beautiful and serene destination that is a must-see for anyone visiting the park. Here are three reasons why the Botanical Garden is worth a visit:
- Natural Beauty: The Botanical Garden is home to over 20 acres of beautiful tropical plants and flowers, including orchids, bromeliads, and heliconias. The gardens are meticulously maintained and offer visitors a peaceful and serene setting to relax and enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Education: The Botanical Garden is also an educational resource for visitors. The gardens are home to a variety of plant species from around the world, and visitors can learn about the different types of plants and their unique characteristics. The garden also hosts several educational programs and workshops throughout the year.
- Butterflies: The Botanical Garden is also home to several butterfly species. Visitors can observe the butterflies in their natural habitat and learn about their role in pollination and the ecosystem. The garden also has several butterfly-friendly plants that attract the butterflies and provide them with nectar.
Overall, the Botanical Garden at Butterfly World is a beautiful and educational destination that is a must-see for nature enthusiasts and anyone interested in learning more about tropical plants and butterflies. With its natural beauty, educational value, and commitment to conservation, the Botanical Garden is a unique and enriching experience that should not be missed.
Butterfly World is definitely a family fun experience
It offers a unique and immersive opportunity for families to learn about nature and the environment while enjoying the beauty of thousands of butterflies and other tropical animals. Butterfly World has several attractions that are sure to delight families with children of all ages, including butterfly aviaries, a hummingbird aviary, botanical gardens, a butterfly farm, a museum, and a lorikeet encounter. Visitors can walk through the aviaries and see butterflies and hummingbirds up close, or explore the outdoor gardens and observe the natural beauty of the tropical plants and flowers. The park also has interactive exhibits and hands-on activities that allow kids to learn about the butterfly lifecycle and participate in educational programs. Families can attend butterfly releases, where thousands of butterflies are released into the park, or feed the colorful lorikeets nectar from a cup. Overall, Butterfly World is a fun and educational experience for families with children. It’s a great way to spend time together and learn about the importance of butterfly conservation and preserving natural habitats.
Location and Directions:
Address: 3600 W Sample Rd, Coconut Creek, FL 33073